Insurance Coverage and Billing Policies
In general, our physicians are contracted with the major medical insurance companies. Holistique offers services (such as office visits, manipulation, physical therapy, etc), which are often covered by insurance if you have benefits for these services and for our physicians and practitioners.
Some services (such as needle-free acupuncture, Ondamed, IV nutrient therapy, supplements, etc) are usually not covered by most medical insurance companies but may be covered under your medical flexible spending account (FSA). Payment for products and non-covered services is due on the date of service. You will receive a receipt along with a prescription from the physician, which you may submit to your flex plan for reimbursement.
Please take a moment to review our insurance billing services.
- Our physicians are contracted with several insurance companies such as Regence, Premera, First Choice, to name a few. We will process insurance claims for contracted insurance companies. As always, we highly recommend checking with your insurance company to verify benefits for your plan. The key questions to ask are if you have Naturopathic/Alternative medicine benefits and if the doctor you are seeing shows up on their list of preferred providers.
- For Personal Injury Protection (PIP) patients, auto accident injures etc. please bring in your claim number and insurance information. As a courtesy, we will bill your auto insurance directly.
- For patients who do not have insurance benefits, payment will be required on the date of service and a 15% discount will be given on certain services, only if paid on the date of service.
- For patients covered by non-contracted insurance providers, we will give you a superbill and a sales receipt so that you can submit a claim to your insurance provider and they will reimburse you directly. We will give a 15% discount on certain services only if payment is made on the date of service.
- For Medicare patients, payment is due on the date of service. A 15% discount will be applied on certain services only if payment is received on the date of service.
- For patients with non-contracted secondary or tertiary insurance, we will give you a superbill and a sales receipt so that you can submit a claim to your insurance provider.
- Payment on your account is expected according to the above guidelines. Please note the following:
- Insurance co-payment is due on the date of service.
- We will send a statement informing you of the status of your account(s). Balances are due within 15 days of receiving your statement. A $20.00 re-billing fee will be added to any patient balance that is forwarded from a previous billing cycle; to avoid this, please, pay your balance immediately after receiving your statement.
- We do have a payment plan for people who may need to pay on a monthly installment basis. You can avoid the $20 re-billing fee by signing up for this option.
- You may pay your balance by mail or phone using a credit or debit card.
If you have any questions, please contact our billing specialist at billing@DrDarvish.com or 425-451-0404.